Lesson learned.

BEARBEE 19:04 31 Jan 2010

The other day my PSU went bang when I turned on my PC. I purchased a new PSU and put it in, connected everything up, turned it on and....nothing. I though ah well, I've had it a good few years so it doesnt really owe me anything. Anyway, just then I though because I blew the PSU perhaps I'll check the fuse in the main power supply lead, I changed the fuse and started her up and it started running, the fan kicked in and away we went, however it then would not go past the initial screen and kept asking me to boot from CD. I thought that if it was asking this then when the PSU went it must have blown the Hard Drive so again I thought that was that.
I then noticed just before the screen asking to boot from CD it said something about CMOS error, so this time I put a new CMOS battery in and booted up and we started stright up no probs all is running well :)

So just a word of advice, if you blow your PSU, change it and if it doesn't boot up try replacing the fuse in the power lead plug and next the CMOS battery.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

The secrets of creating gory VFX

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache