Less than 4 weeks to Christmas already? ......

astral traveller 19:18 27 Oct 2003

Surely not!
I awoke from my extra hours slumber yesterday, switched on my pc and expected to see a message saying the clock had been adjusted to compensate for daylight savings etc. - but no. So I made the manual adjustment myself thinking nothing more of it. I was typing a letter today and inserted (auto) the date - 27th November 2003? I checked the time and date properties and sure enough the date was set at 27th November. I'm certain I never touched the monthly settings in the date & time properties - anyone else been to the future and back again today? and why didn't the pc automatically adjust the time? -I've checked and the box in the time zone tab is checked to adjust automatically.
O/S = XP home.

Cheers

ams4127 19:49 27 Oct 2003

Strange - my XP reset the time by itself. I forgot though and had an irate phone call from a friend on Sunday morning enquiring as to why I wasn't standing on the first tee waiting to fire off! Cost me quite a few drinks.

VoG II 19:50 27 Oct 2003

Since getting XP I've never had the "old" warning about Windows changing the time - it just does it.

Mine thinks it is October still.

spuds 21:32 27 Oct 2003

Funny one this. I have recently converted to XP Pro, and checking the computer at 10am yesterday, I found the clock was set at 7.30am. The clock was okay, when I left it before clock change-over time. Thought that the internal battery had failed or a recent update/download was the culprit.All seems okay now, after manual time reset-adjustment.

Lionheart ♥ 21:34 27 Oct 2003

Mine same as VoG.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?