Lenovo Yoga Tablet 8 problem

yorksant 01:56 19 Jan 2014

Hello

I recently downloaded the latest firmware upgrade on this tablet. Something went wrong during the download, resulting in no access to settings among various other problems.

I was advised on the Lenovo forum to try a hard recovery and restore the device to factory settings, which I did.

The problem now is that when going through the setup process, I get an 'unfortunately, setup wizard has stopped' message every time I reach the wireless connection screen. I tap 'scan' and just get taken back to the beginning again. It just seems to be stuck in a loop.

I've sought more help on the aforementioned forum but have so far received no reply. If anyone on here could solve this problem for me it would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

woodchip 18:48 19 Jan 2014

try reset again

yorksant 00:36 20 Jan 2014

I tried that but the result was the same. Thanks anyway.

Daiol 14:08 21 Jan 2014

Have a look Here quite a lot of info. Good Luck. Link Here....click here

yorksant 22:42 21 Jan 2014

Thanks, but I've already googled this problem til' steam has been coming out of my ears! I've also sought advice on forums etc but no joy so far. It could be because Lenovo is not one of the recognised names re tablets, I don't know.

Is there any way to bypass setup wizard and get straight to the home screen? I've read this can be done on android smartphones so I'm guessing it's possible with tablets also. If so, I assume I'd be able to set the tablet up from there easily enough.

Please excuse my ignorance, I'm not very tech savvy as is evident. I'm just hoping to avoid either paying a lot for repair or dumping the tablet altogether. It seems like a fairly simple problem to solve (I may be very wrong there) but I have no idea how to go about it.

catpwss 21:35 25 Jan 2014

here Maybe........click here Good Luck.

yorksant 22:33 25 Jan 2014

That was where I sought advice in the first place. Thanks though!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?