Lenovo T43 2669 Water Spillage Advice

robihun 17:32 03 May 2009

a Friend has spilt drink on his laptop,the only sign of life(after 36hrs)is the battery light which was flickering red,and is now a constant green,is their a way using my desktop comp to access his laptop so can retrieve files he needs,or could the spillage have made laptop inoperable,and files irretrievable? any advice would be much appreciated.Thanks

jack 17:36 03 May 2009

This is probably unaffected and purchase as USB/IDE cable and power supply for example
click here
A Google will give more.
The cleared drive using the the cable will serves as an external storage device

Pamy 17:39 03 May 2009

Not if it will not boot up. You will have to remove HDD and attatch to yours as a slave or external, not easy but possible

phono 17:44 03 May 2009

You could try removing the hard drive and putting it in a caddy and read the files from there, if it is still working of course.

What exactly was spilt on the laptop? Was it water as your post implies? Was it going when the spillage occurred and what happened to it if it was?

I rescued a laptop for a friend which had milk spilt over it by leaving it upside down on a towel with the lid fully back overnight and then applying gentle heating to it with a hair dryer the next day, initially it appeared to be totally dead but did survive.

If there was alcohol, or possibly worse still Coke, spilt over it the chances of survival would greatly reduce I am afraid.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?