Legal wireless iTrip alternative

Viv-208691 18:40 19 Jan 2005

Hi there, Ive recently purchased an iPod Mini and very much like the idea of the iTrip. However, it is much publicised that they are illegal in the UK so I was wondering if anyone knows of some sort of similar wireless yet legal alternative? I dont mind paying a little extra. Ideally I want to be able to use it both at home and in the car.

Big ask I know!!

Any help at all, even if negative, would be great.

Thankyou.

Viv-208691 19:01 20 Jan 2005

Can noone think of anything appropriate?

Thanks

dan11 19:08 20 Jan 2005
  dan11 19:11 20 Jan 2005

Not sure about the frequency's though :-(

Viv-208691 19:31 20 Jan 2005

Thanks a lot for your help Dan but surely that product is equally illegal!?

Also, if possible Im after a higher quality sound alternative.

Thanks, more ideas and advice would be greatfully received.

F.T.

Jarvo 19:40 20 Jan 2005

Anything that uses a radio frequency to transmit your music to a radio receiver is illegal in the UK, this is due to 50 year old broadcasting laws that were put in place to stop pirate radio stations. This gives you two choices 1 use a direct connection (wires to your HiFi or car stereo) or break the law and use a short range radio product like the ITrip. From personal experience a direct connection if possible will give you far better sound quality and will be less prone to interference,and as a plus side you don't have to have a guilty conscience or worry about interfering with anyone Else's radio reception.

Jarvo

Viv-208691 20:04 20 Jan 2005

Ok, thanks, so there is no bluetooth or similar technology alternative? The only other suitable product I have seen is a Ten NaviPod ex (you can change playlist, album etc using this). Has anyone seen one of these comprehensive remote controls available in the UK? Ive only seen them for sale on US websites.

Viv-208691 20:33 20 Jan 2005

For example does anyone know how exactly this person has 'added his iPod to his wireless network'? I have a wireless 54G network and would be interested in any addidtional hardware I could buy in order to use my iPod as a kind of wireless controller to listen to my music ('iTrip' style').

Can anyone help me?

Thankyou.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?