Left Handed Mouse ??

Furkin 16:07 17 Jul 2008

I recently needed to swap from a PS2 mouse to USB.
I bought the Trust Laser MI6500X.
It's a great, 5 button mouse,,,,
my problem is,,,, that although I'm right handed,,, I can only use my left hand for meeces ! (are there many of us about ?!?!)

The problem is that there are two buttons on the left of the mouse, which I keep hitting in error.
I've been on to Trust & they say that they don't make a left handed mouse at all !

I don't want to spend a fortune,,,, but is there a similar item - in left hand - out there ?
If not, is there a reasonable 3 button item with the same laser (!!) resolution as this one ?

cheers to all readers

day2strike 16:22 17 Jul 2008

Try click here=

tullie 16:27 17 Jul 2008

You can change the configeration of the mouse in control panel.

Pine Man 16:35 17 Jul 2008

tullie is right. If you buy a basic Microsoft mouse it is 'ambidextrous' all you have to do is change it's configuration.

MAT ALAN 16:46 17 Jul 2008

what would be nice, if it actually changed the direction of the pointer, it is simple to config the buttons on a mouse but for those if you that are left handed (i sympathize)...

rdave13 16:48 17 Jul 2008

Uninstall the mouse driver so you have only the generic driver. This should disable the two extra buttons on the left. Change the configuration of the remaining buttons as per tullie's post.

Furkin 16:59 17 Jul 2008

thanks for the comments.
I don't need to change the normal buttons - i'm used to using my middle finger for left & index for right.
((I ought to be used to it - i've been doing it for 20 years or so.))
The problem is: hitting the extra buttons that are situated under my middle finger.

I was rather hoping to find a cheapish version similar to what I have - but left handed. I'm sure the extra buttons will come in handy,,,,,, otherwise, I'll just get a 3 button item.

Thanks again for reading this

rdave13 16:59 17 Jul 2008

Ignore last post. Damn buttons working now without the Trust driver!

gazzaho 17:14 17 Jul 2008

I use a Logitech MX610 Left-Hand Cordless Mouse myself they are a bit on the expensive side but well worth the money. Unlike right handed or so called ambidextrous mice the buttons are exactly where they should be for a left handed user, it's just a pity more manufacturers don't support the left handed community, for instance joystick manufacturers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone