Led Monitor /Horizontal "flicker" [Video included]

routinej 14:50 15 Feb 2015

Hi, I recently have asked a few places for help with a problem i am having with my new VGA connected led Monitor, AOC E970SWN. I couldn't correctly describe exactly what was happening until i happened upon a video that shows exactly what i am having a problem with, it lists a solution but unfortunately it did not work for me so i am hoping someone else may know a fix. Would maybe using a dvi-i to vga cable fix the problem?

routinej 14:53 15 Feb 2015

Forgot to add the video link- click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:45 15 Feb 2015

if the monitor is flickering then its likely that the refresh rate is set too high reset it to 50 hz and retry.

interference can be caused by the monitor or data cable being too close to other elector magnetic sources

wee eddie 17:58 15 Feb 2015

I assume that this is is the same screen mentioned in your previous Threads?

wee eddie 18:29 15 Feb 2015

Are you using the PC to play Games?

Maybe your Graphics is not up to the level of detail you are running the Games at.

routinej 20:21 15 Feb 2015

hi, sorry the video is not mine, as i said i happened across someone with the same problem. In the video it's very clear that the screen has a horizontal flickering problem -Yes it is the same monitor i just haven't found a solution yet so i am still looking for help.-and about the games, it doesn't only flicker in games, it's most prominent in videos making it almost impossible to watch any.

wee eddie 20:48 15 Feb 2015

You have used the word "New" in every thread on this problem.

Your beef should be with whoever you bought it from. It is obviously not fit for purpose.

routinej 03:37 16 Feb 2015

The majority of help I have received on this problem has lead me away from thinking the fault is with the monitor it's self, So it has nothing to do with who i bought it from. Unless you think the fault is, infact, with the monitor and not something else.

wee eddie 05:09 16 Feb 2015

Well, did you have the same fault with the previous Monitor?

routinej 15:10 16 Feb 2015

No, But my last monitor was a CRT.

wee eddie 18:28 16 Feb 2015

As CRT Monitors have settings that are specific to themselves.

I think it is time to check that you are using all the Settings Recommended by your LED's Manufacturers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?