Leaving Orange

aitch2 11:45 14 Nov 2008

After almost 10 years I have decided to leave Orange as muy ISP. Reading some of the 'blogs' what is the best way for me to minimise the proverbial run around I anticipate getting. I know i'll need my MAC Code but are they generally forth-comimg with it? My contarct finishes in the middle of Jan' next year, so I need to have some time to look at other ISP's. I see the watchdog programme had O2 as their best ISP. Any other suggestion for good speed and hassle from?
Any advice appreciated.
Regards,
Aitch

Shuffty 12:01 14 Nov 2008

I would recommend you check out ZEN to see if any of their packages suit you. I have been with them since 2003 and have never had to contact their support.

They are also monthly contract so if you ever want away you just give one month notice

spec 12:03 14 Nov 2008

I have just left orange myself for another isp. I found them (orange) very helpful. I was sent the MAC code by mail and letter and was also told that they would assist with the transfer and no need to write. Normal procedure with orange is to write to say you wish to cancel the contract but they told me no need to. Time will tell. The MAC code lasts 'one' month by the way and is then changed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?