LEARNING ABOUT 'LAYERS' IN PHOTO MANIPULATION

BELSOX 21:33 15 Jan 2007

I have several image adjusting packages (the best being PAINT SHOP PRO X). BUT they all assume complete understanding of the layer function. Can anyone recommend a book or other source that explains the 'what, how and whys' of this?
Regards to all
BELSOX

STREETWORK 21:49 15 Jan 2007

There are plenty of on-line tutorials available that would help. Google 'paint shop tutorial'...

SANTOS7 21:51 15 Jan 2007

click here
this may help, if you type "layer manipulation" into search there is more info...

BELSOX 22:18 15 Jan 2007

Thankyou STREETWORK & SANTO7 for your helpful suggestions [email protected] looked at both and they seem to offer good solutions.
BELSOX

mymate 22:23 15 Jan 2007

I have PSP,such a good program,i had to buy a book,i got it from ebay .Paint Shop Pro Revealed by Sonja Shea . Am i any wiser for reading the book ? no not really.
Some where on the internet is a cd of how to understand the program,you can have a sample of it before you want to buy it ,i learnt more off that then this book .

mymate 22:25 15 Jan 2007

Thanks SANTOS7,I could of saved myself buying the book ,your link is excellent

SANTOS7 22:33 15 Jan 2007

There is a wealth of good info within PsP Pro7 go to help>select>help topics tab..

BELSOX 22:37 15 Jan 2007

Thanks MYMATE your take on the books is spot on. Why do so many software designers assume that we know as much as they do? If we DID we wouldn't need THEM would we?
BELSOX

cycoze 22:48 15 Jan 2007

Try to think of a layer as a sheet of glass, you have your image and you create a new layer (place a sheet of glass on top of it), you can now paint on that layer, add anything to it from another source, you can highlight another layer to select a clone from it and then highlight your new layer again to paint the cloned area in etc.

BELSOX 22:50 15 Jan 2007

Thjanks CYCOZE

That seems clear enough!
BELSOX

mymate 23:24 15 Jan 2007

I did a great picture of me when i was at school.I cant for the life of me remember how i did it.I have made my face about 30 times on the same photo,all in black and white.Looks really good.
I do play around with the program,but i dont really get far .

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?