LCP association Failed

woodchip 21:17 09 Feb 2009

Connected to Router Wireless but not connecting to Web Pages. the above is what I got from Router Log.

I am connected okay on the Desktop by Ethernet to same router. So it must be a file or registry problem on the Wireless Laptop, I posted this before reinstalling a Acronis Image to see if you could help Sort it

brundle 21:21 09 Feb 2009

If that's in the router log it has nothing at all to do with your PC. LCP is used to set up higher layer network connections between your machine or router and the ISP's gateway. Most often means the ISP is having a problem.

woodchip 21:25 09 Feb 2009

Well I am connected to the same ISP but on my Desktop. Come strait up stairs to post the thread. So it must be the Laptop

brundle 21:27 09 Feb 2009

Does it work when it's connected with a cable?

woodchip 21:29 09 Feb 2009

I did a Restore but it as not corrected the Problem. This seams to be after using Glary Utilities. I even did a Restore in that but problem is still there. I have loaded two Free Sim Flight programs. First one OK but the second may have caused the Problem. Will nip down and remove it, to see if it as any affect

Switcher 21:35 09 Feb 2009

The Question and Answer below is from Linsky's web site and might apply to your problem which appears to be a difficulty in connecting to your ISP

Question

I’m getting an error saying, "LCP Negotiation Failed", what can I do?

Answer

Please follow these steps to resolve this problem.

1. Call your ISP to double check your “User Name” and “Password”; please remember that they are case sensitive in most circumstances.

2. If your ISP requires you to put your username@isp.net in their software, then please try it without the @isp.net.

3. If your ISP normally only requires you to put in your user name in their software, try username@isp.net

4. You can try inputting your username%@isp.net

5. Additionally please go to “Domain Name” and input the your ISP’s domain. For example if your username and password is username@isp.net, then the domain name would be the “isp.net”

If none of the above steps helped, please go to our website and get a “Firmware Upgrade” for your router

brundle 21:36 09 Feb 2009

Ping 127.0.0.1 to determine if TCP/IP is OK.
Do a Winsock fix, check for updates to the wireless driver on your working machine.

woodchip 21:37 09 Feb 2009

No Idea But I am typing this on the Laptop. How can I remove a Program When there is no unistal? although the Uninstall Data is there

brundle 21:38 09 Feb 2009

I think the LCP element is unrelated, as woodchip stated - if there was a problem with LCP neither machine would connect.

woodchip 21:41 09 Feb 2009

So why can I now connect?

woodchip 21:43 09 Feb 2009

Only thing I have done is leave it switched on, Gone upstairs to post the Message then come back down and I am able to connect.

It would not connect with Flock or IE

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017