LCD TV compatibility

stephen_p 13:53 24 Jan 2006

Hi everyone

Am new to this site and so far I have found it's a fantastic source of information.

I have a query, I want to build a new system with windows meda centre, TV tuner, large hard drive and large screen(approx 26").

I have built a few systems before but want to know if LCD TV's are compatible and if they are do you need any special leads to connect to your PC.

thanks

jack 19:36 24 Jan 2006

Different makes models of LCD TV'shave varying connectivity- You will have to study each model you have in mind to see if they have the appropriate connection/firmware - AVI I think it is called

ade.h 19:47 24 Jan 2006

DVI-I.

jack 19:55 24 Jan 2006

Thank you ade.h
I guessed it was nothing like what I thought.
We have a steam flask on its side and will have for years to come I guess even though we get it for free
next year.[programs that is not the TV]

jack 19:55 24 Jan 2006

Thank you ade.h
I guessed it was nothing like what I thought.
We have a steam flask on its side and will have for years to come I guess even though we get it for free
next year.[programs that is not the TV]

DieSse 22:36 24 Jan 2006

*but want to know if LCD TV's are compatible*

Compatible with a PC? - some are some aren't.

Some have VGA inputs which connect to a PC just like a monitor. Even if they don't have a VGA input, some have other types of input that can be connected to a computer.

Some models are even sold as combined monitors and TVs (generally the smaller ones).

Some TVs are unsuitable for use as monitors owing to too low a resolution to be useable.

At the end of the day, what you need to get depends on what you want to use it for.

stephen_p 09:41 25 Jan 2006

Thanks everyone for your help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Intel Coffee Lake release date and specifications

12 Amazing British Craft Beer Label Designs

watchOS 4 review

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017