LCD Monitor buying advice request

jim1947 12:57 03 Mar 2004

I am thinking of buying this click here but I am confused regarding the connections. I don't have a DVI connection on my graphics card, so will it work via a standard 15 pin vga connector like a CRT monitor. Many thanks for your help in advance.

tom boy 13:07 03 Mar 2004

they are bad for games

hoverman 13:12 03 Mar 2004

Do not agree. I have a 17.4" Taxan TFT monitor and it is great with games.

jim1947 14:11 03 Mar 2004

Thanks for the comments, but will it connect to and work with a graphics card without a DVI connector. Thanks.

JerryJay 14:14 03 Mar 2004

Most modern LCD have both dvi and vga connectors. Lot of them only have vga, there are a few models are dvi only (not many). Check the specification of LCD to make sure vga connection (sometime called s-sub, I think).

JerryJay 14:17 03 Mar 2004

From the picture, it seems there is one vga (just above power connector). Try to look specification, but cannot open the files yet.

Quite impressive one. I will get one if I have money.

JerryJay 14:24 03 Mar 2004

This is extracts from specification

Horizontal Sync 30kHz-80kHz (VGA), 30kHz-66kHz (DVI)

Vertical Sync 59Hz-75Hz (VGA), 59Hz-61Hz (DVI)

Connections: D-15,DVI, C-Video, S-Video,YCbCr

I think D-15 is D-sub or vga connection, but I am not experts on IT terminology.

What price you are paying? I am thinking to get one and connect to PC and digital TV box.

JerryJay 14:30 03 Mar 2004

Form click here I found the infor

PC Signal Input Connection
VGA 15 Pin D-Sub & DVI-D

So no problem to connect without dvi. The lowest price I found is £522, anyone find lower?

jim1947 14:33 03 Mar 2004

JerryJay the cheapest I can find is £522.00 at ebuyer.com but having dealt with them before, and dealing with the frustration of their returns procedure if any thing goes wrong I may pay a little more and get it from Simply or Savastore. If anyone else knows of a cheaper place please let me know. I will close this now and thanks for all your input, any further comments will still be welcome. Many thanks again.

Djohn 14:34 03 Mar 2004

If you click on the "Features" link it will show a picture of the rear of the monitor and just above the power connection is a connector for "VGA" click here j.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?