Lazy mouse

Muergo 05:25 15 Sep 2009

My Logitech wireless mouse is delaying scrolling by a second or two,
Using the central scrollwheel the cursor does not move initially, then jumps to the new position.
I have it set to smooth scrolling, what other setting needs changing?

mooly 07:46 15 Sep 2009

Have you worn it out ?
It's the thing that always fails with me, they are a mechanical switch that wears, and gets "dead spots" on it.

Muergo 07:54 15 Sep 2009

Now you have me, I only have a wired mouse as alternative, so cannot tell without buying a new one if it is not the software, but I have reinstalled that from the disc so must be the mouse itself.
Thank you.

mooly 08:01 15 Sep 2009

The best mouse I have ever used... for lasting, and battery life... is the Argos value one at under 7 squid. They even offer cover replacement for around £1.50 which ain't bad.
I'm sure it's the mouse.

Muergo 08:19 15 Sep 2009

Thanks, will look at that, but as it's such a personal and frequently used item I will see what is available, I do think overall that Logitech has a good reputation so will probably buy one of their latest gizmos, this one has suffered a lot, dropped on the floor etc so cannot complain about its longevity.

Muergo 10:48 19 Sep 2009

Mouse problems over, now have a lovely Logitech LX8 multifunction mouse, does eight different operations, discounted down to £22 by Amazon.??

mooly 12:15 19 Sep 2009

A deluxe "meece" lol

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone