Lazer Printer Help

ACOLYTE 10:40 14 Apr 2006

I have been given a Kyocera Ecosys FS1000+ printer,i have installed it ok,but it will only print jibberish,pages of the stuff,i tried to print some text from a web page and all that happened is this jibberish came out.I have been
click here
to see if i could find a utility that would allow me to set up the printer or add to it but im totally lost as what i need,i did download the manual in .PDF but it says nothing about jibberish printing,im not sure what to do next.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:51 14 Apr 2006

Jibberish printing is usually caused by corrupt or wrong driver.

click here

ACOLYTE 11:01 14 Apr 2006

Ok,i downloaded a new driver and tried again now instead of printing jibberish i get this error:

PCL XL ERROR
ERROR: MISSINGDATA
OPERATOR:READIMAGE
POSITION:1025

dunno what that means but the new driver seems to bettr suited than the windows default one.

Totally-braindead 11:26 14 Apr 2006

Have you tried downloading the manual? Perhaps theres some help there. Did a search on the site for PCL XL ERROR and it came back with this click here

Totally-braindead 11:28 14 Apr 2006

At the moment I'm trying to find out if this km 6230 is another printer

Totally-braindead 11:30 14 Apr 2006

It is, its a printer/scanner so ignore that. I presume there no lights on the printer lit up as according to the manual that will tell you whats wrong.

ACOLYTE 16:43 14 Apr 2006

The only light that comes on is thetop most one and that only comes only when it is printing,the other light are for paper jam and low ink/toner.
i have managed to print a page of text but it is all scrunched up on one corner of an A4 sheet of paper,BTW do lazer printers always smell when the print?,i can smell,well dunno what i can smell its like its getting the paper to hot or somthing.

ACOLYTE 12:39 15 Apr 2006

Thx, people i have managed after a great deal of tweaking to get this to work as it should,and boy its fast lol.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?