Latest Issue Security Review

sunrunner 15:34 01 Mar 2009

Hi all,

I need to renew my security suite. Waited for the latest issue but didnt really help me conclude anything.

I have used F-Secure for the last 3 years with no issues. Feel like a change to something that is easier to configure for networking, gaming and downloading etc.

Norton came top but I am reluctant due to the comments about it being resource hungry and virtually impossible to remove unless you format your PC.

Is there really any differnece in the major players or better the devil you know?

Had a look through some posts already but most are old 2008 suite comments.

Any advice appreciated!

User-1229748 15:38 01 Mar 2009

if you want a suite i think most would recommend eset or kaspersky

User-1229748 16:00 01 Mar 2009

having said that many would also argue that using seperate security software,or software that does one job well,might give better protection.plenty of free apps if you go down that routeclick here

gazzaho 17:12 01 Mar 2009

I also use F-Secure which is about to expire, so I tried Avira to trial it and uninstalled it after an hour as it refused to let me connect to the internet, I suspect firewall issues were to blame but couldn't sort it out. I tried KIS last year and the firewall drove me nutts!

F-Secure I find is user friendly, I've had no real problem with the firewall at all, and I'm used to its ways. To be honest I would like to try something different myself but it might come down to "better the devil you know" I've 16 days to make my mind up lol.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

ManvsMachine win UK's only Gold Design Cannes Lions award

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?