latest hotmail and dialup prob..help please

bof:) 15:09 23 Feb 2005

Hi all,

A friend (using win ME and dialup) has been told by her hotmail program that there is a 'latest version' out. (I'm not sure if she is connecting via desktop or MSN) but when she tries to collect it, she always gets cut off.

So,1. is there a new version out?

2. if so where can I get it from,download it onto my pc then to disc and put it onto friends pc.

I've tried the microsoft website but was unable to find anything about a latest version of hotmail.

Thanks for your help.

Mike

LeadingMNMs 16:11 23 Feb 2005

I'm a little confused about your post.

Hotmail is webmail, in the sense that you connect to it using a web browser, although I believe it is possible to use it with Outlook (Express). Hence you shouldn't need a 'hotmail program' to recieve / send messages and I've never known of one.

john-232317 16:17 23 Feb 2005

Their is a newish version of MS messenger which includes hotmail, probably means that.

john-232317 16:20 23 Feb 2005

There even, sorry log on to MSM and it will ask if you want to upgrade.

bof:) 20:08 23 Feb 2005

Hi all sorry, I have been miss informed by friend I'll close this posting and start afresh.

Mike

bof:) 01:49 26 Feb 2005

ps it turned out that my friend did not have the latest version of hotmail (yes I know I should have checked it first but I just took her word didn't I) once I'd downloaded the latest version hotmail ran fine.

Thanks again for all of your help,

Mike

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?