the latest Avira states I have "hidden objects"?

theDarkness 01:31 14 Apr 2010

The latest version of Avira states I have "hidden objects" after a full system scan? I had 18 hidden files in total, and Avira seemed to think these files were something to be concerned about, as it offered to delete them all. I did, except for 1 object its having problems with, which is showing with every scan. It states I have "1 hidden object" and doesnt say anything else-avira will only give info on exactly what the hidden file is, if I use a recovery CD, but I do not have one, as I am using the free downloadable version of the program.

Looking back, perhaps these hidden files were nothing to be concerned about? Since they have only started to show up, I thought I either downloaded something nasty which caused these files to install and stay hidden... or the stating of hidden files on the hd is merely a new feature of Avira? Does anyone have any ideas, if I should worry or not? I have not been using the pc online at all recently, and the only problem ive corrected at the same time as these hidden files appearing, was in accidentally having two antimalware/virus programs running at the same time (avira antivirus running at the same time as adawares ad-watch). I switched ad-watch off, and have had no issues (I use comodo firewall and avira as main protection), but avira and my hidden file message after every scan I have no clue on how to fix. My system is fully updated. Thanks for any info!

MAT ALAN 08:00 14 Apr 2010

click here

posts from this forum suggest they are "false positives"

theDarkness 14:13 14 Apr 2010

im just hoping that these hidden objects (ive now removed, bar one) werent files necessary for avira to run. if so, avira should have made sure their own scanning program knew about them, and didnt worry anyone with messages about them being there in the first place! thanks

MAT ALAN 15:48 14 Apr 2010

It seems to be a glitch with the latest version, some have moved back to an earlier version and resolved the problem until the bug is fixed...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Ryzen news - release date, UK price, features and specifications

The pulp art of 80s computer game magazine covers

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment faire des captures d’écran sous Windows 10 ?