Laserjet Printer

swanny2 16:32 02 Aug 2009

Ive just been given a Laserjet 3200 printer but no driver disc.
Now i googled for the driver ,found it clicked download save run etc, then unzipped it.But when i clicked on open .it was saved too my desktop by the way,it comes back too Unzip. so ive no idea what too do.any ideas any1 plz.
thanks

swanny2 18:15 02 Aug 2009

HMM I JUST THOUGHT I TRY PRINT WITHOUT THE DRIVER DOWNLOADED AND IT PRINTED A PAGE OFF IN BLACK AN WHITE,(DONT KNOW HOW TOO MAKE IT COLOR).
Then when i went too print a glossy pic off from Picasso where me pics are,it says Printer Offline? no idea me whats happening. :O(

beeuuem 21:01 02 Aug 2009

When you unzip the file by default it will unzip the files to a new folder C:\lj563 ( or a similar name depending on the D/L file name)
If the printer is showing in Printers and Faxes right click on the Laserjet and open properties > Advanced tab > New driver button. When the New Printer driver wizard opens > Next > click on 'Have disk' and navigate to the unzipped folder. The drivers should then be found and installed.

swanny2 22:13 02 Aug 2009

thanks but the wizard only added a priner

swanny2 22:54 02 Aug 2009

plus i have no disc.

beeuuem 02:08 03 Aug 2009

You don't actually need a disk, all you are doing is telling the printer where to look for the drivers. The PC is only looking for a folder containing the drivers, it isn't clever enough to tell the difference between a folder on the PC or a CD.

Sea Urchin 18:22 03 Aug 2009

You could try downloading the driver from here - it's not a .zip file but an .exe file. Download to the desktop, and double-click to start running. You should have the printer disconnected while you run it, and it will tell you when to connect up. Download from the blue download button half way down the page after keying in the appropriate numbers.

click here

swanny2 00:35 04 Aug 2009

Thanks all sorted :O)

Sea Urchin 12:43 04 Aug 2009

Glad to hear all is sorted

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?