laser jet printer problem?

7 08:09 22 Apr 2004

I have got laserjet4 plus HP printer....i can't able to print anything from the net directly and sometimes from wordpad or notepad...it start giving the error PC load documet.....also how will u come to know in this printer that how much ink is left...or how long tonner will work?thank u for ur help

Diodorus Siculus 08:20 22 Apr 2004

What OS are you using?

I have one which I just connected to the parallel port and started Win2k - it was recognised and installed correctly and works fine. So I am wondering if you have installed any special software from the HP site or install disk?

Try going to the printers applet and remove this one and install again.

As for how much toner is left, I don't know how to tell - it has run off thousands of pages of text and so far the quality is as high as ever.

7 08:40 22 Apr 2004

i am using windows xp and i didn't install any special software as when i connected to my laptop it got installed by itself....

Shas 08:43 22 Apr 2004

As for telling how much toner is left and how long they last, on my Laserjet 3100 a pale strip appears down the page when it's on the way out. If you take the cartridge out and gently rotate it side to side, you get quite a few more copies out of it. Mine here is used daily for both copying and printing out faxes and the last cartridge lasted a year.

Diodorus Siculus 08:44 22 Apr 2004

7 - ok; try removing it and reboot and see if it gets reinstalled.

7 09:00 22 Apr 2004

i have done it but it is still giving the same problem....i donot know much abt this printer....can i use this printer for other purposes too.....like fax pr copier. it has so many buttons on it and i am not able to understand all that.....kindly help in both queries...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?