Large Screen Tablet/Laptop

morddwyd 09:48 05 Feb 2014

My vision problems are such that I now need to start looking for larger screens, above 10 inches fo a tablet and above 15 for a laptop.

I know what's available of course and have seen various reviews, but I am looking for someone with hands-on experience.

I am fairly static so weight is not too much of a problem.

Woolwell 10:02 05 Feb 2014

Depends on what you want to use it for but my wife uses a 17" Samsung laptop that hasn't blinked at all. Have you considered linking tablet or laptop up to a TV?

Woolwell 10:06 05 Feb 2014

You may want to consider the Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 but I'm not sure that it on sale in UK yet. I have an ASUS 11.6" ultraportable laptop which could be as light and as user friendly as a tablet at that size.

morddwyd 09:18 06 Feb 2014

Thanks Woolwell. I might hang on and await UK pricing on the Samsung Series 7 laptop, I should have mentioned I need touch screen.

I've got the normal Galaxy Note 2, and I've had a Galaxy 7 inch, the trouble with Samsung Android devices is the amount of dross that Samsung insist on pre-installing, and the length of time they make customers wait for o/s upgrades.

I might have to bite the bullet though!

Woolwell 10:39 06 Feb 2014

My Asus has a touch screen

wee eddie 15:57 06 Feb 2014

There are a couple of 20/22" Windows Tablets, both of which I am considering.

Both are currently hamstrung by not including the Haswell Chips and having traditional Hard Drives, rather than SSD's, meaning that they need large batteries or have a very short "Off Mains" life.

On a Home Network there is no longer a need for a large Hard Drive, built in, when you can have all your stuff on a local NAS Drive.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?