Large Monitor

gengiscant 18:38 22 Feb 2010

I use my pc mainly for gaming and want to upgrade from an Acer 2202w to something bigger.26" and upwasrds.
I have about £400- £450 to spend.
Thanks.

JohnWilliams 18:47 22 Feb 2010

Good for you!

GaT7 19:04 22 Feb 2010

Your recent thread about the same so others know the ones you've considered click here. G

MAT ALAN 19:08 22 Feb 2010

JohnWilliams

not quite grasped what we do here then!!!

My son has just bought a 26" LG for his PS3 and i have to say it takes the gaming into a diferent realm, picture quality is superb..

as for PC
click here
might be a good place to start...

gengiscant 10:08 23 Feb 2010

I am well aware of my other thread, but as I only had one reply, yours, I ticked as resolved so I could try a differently worded post in the hope of getting other replys.

donki 10:35 23 Feb 2010

Iiyama B2712HDS 27" LCD Monitor
click here

To be honest id go for a 1080tv over a monitor on that budget, if its soley for gaming. Dell to great big screen monitors 27" up but they are well out of your price bracket. You could get a good 32" Full HD tele, all depends if you want the extra size of a TV or quicker responce time of a monitor. If your computer is soley for gaming I would go for the TV if you spend a bit of time on the net or using programs I would go for the monitor.

Sorry I just read your other post that Crossbow linked, the difference between 2ms and 6 ms really is insignificant to us mere humans. I game on my PC with a 23" Samsung monitor responce time 2ms and with my Xbox I game on a 42" with 6ms responce time, I am yet to notice any ghosting on the big screen. For a gaming experience bigger is definitely better. Just my opinion.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Intel Coffee Lake release date and specifications

These beautiful, mesmerising & subtle GIFs celebrate 30 years of the artform

watchOS 4 review

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017