Large JPG pictures attached to email

tonyx1302 16:59 03 Jul 2007

I have received an email with pictures in JPG format that are to large to view as a complete picture. I have to move the scroll bars to view. How can I reduce them to screen size please

Tony

Diemmess 17:04 03 Jul 2007

Try a freebie -Picasa click here

This will allow you do do all sorts without having to install a heavyweight picture editing program.

tonyx1302 17:24 03 Jul 2007

Thank you Diemmess. I already have Picasa on my XP2 machine but how do I transver the pics to Picasa to open them

Tony

tonyx1302 17:40 03 Jul 2007

.....'transfer' even !

beeuuem 18:19 03 Jul 2007

If the jpegs are in the body of the mail right click on them and then 'Save as' in a location where you can find them. If they are attachments the same applies, i.e. right click on the attachment.

Technotiger 19:11 03 Jul 2007

I often receive pics as you describe, too big for the screen, all I do is click on the box icon top right corner between the - and the X to show full pic. I like having them too large to begin with, allows 'close-up' inspection of detail.

jack 19:54 03 Jul 2007

That tells you what to do in the event of getting them - that's the cure.

Now what about prevention- educate the sender to get them to the correct size in the first place.

Down load from click here 'ShrinkPic'
This is a TSR-when installed the sender does not have to worry their little head any more.
The program does it for them with out being prompted.

tonyx1302 22:30 03 Jul 2007

Sorry for the delay in responding. Thanks Technotiger your suggestion which worked fine so will use that in future and thanks also jack,I have d/l the great little prog you suggested
Tony

Technotiger 22:35 03 Jul 2007

Grreat, thanks for the feedback.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Comment afficher des fichiers cachés sur Mac ?