Large icons in Quicklaunch

Gingermum 08:08 17 Dec 2005

Using the quicklaunch toolbar in ME I have nice small icons.
On my new PC running XP Pro, the icons are as big as the ones on the desktop.
Anyone know how to get small icons on the quicklaunch?
Thanks.

watchful 08:22 17 Dec 2005

Go to Control Panel...Appearance & Themes...Taskbar & Start Menu...change to small icons.

Gingermum 11:30 17 Dec 2005

I can only find an option for changing the size of icons on the start menu. This does not alter the size of icons in the Quicklaunch.

esbe 14:53 17 Dec 2005

From what I can remember, R click Desktop > Props > Appearance > Advanced. In 'Items' scroll down to either 3D objects or Caption Button or 'Menu' to change size,then OK, Apply,OK. You may have to restart.

Mind you, Ive got mine set to 'Classic view', so not sure whether it works in the 'XP' View.

Have fun.

cheers.

moodboom 15:32 17 Dec 2005

Make sure you can see all your quick launch icons and a little space besides by sliding the vertical bar along to the right. Then right click in the space. In the menu you should see View at the top. Choose small icons from this option.
That will do it.
David

Gingermum 13:40 18 Dec 2005

Moodboom, your suggestion brings me to the Taskbar and Start menu properties dialog, the same as with Watchful. Yours is just a quicker way of getting there.
I am using Classic view but I've also played around with it in XP view. I'm no newbie to computers and I've spent hours trying to sort this. Not that it's important, just irritating.
Thanks for taking the time for responding, anyway.

VoG II 14:09 18 Dec 2005

Right click the taskbar, click on 'Lock the taskbar' to unlock it. then follow moodboom's method. When done, lock the taskbar again.

watchful 14:46 18 Dec 2005

I've already tried that and there is no 'View' in the list.
My Quicklaunch has always had small icons so can't see another way of changing it.

VoG II 14:50 18 Dec 2005

With the taskbar unlocked:

click here

watchful 14:59 18 Dec 2005

Yes, VoG, it's definitely there on yours. Wonder if that is because it's XP Pro? If so, then that is what Gingermum has.
Must be different on Home. My apologies.

VoG II 15:01 18 Dec 2005

Mine is XP Home.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?