Large email stuffing up my mailbox

PA28 13:28 04 Jun 2003

I know that I've seen the answer to this before but can't find it. I have a rule on incoming mail limiting the file size to 150kb. Someone unknown is trying to send me an email which is 3.5 Mb in size - I don't want to accept it for obvious reasons. Problem is that it won't go away and each time I download my email I receive an error message that tells me that this biggie is sitting in Freeserve's Post Office and they can't get it through my letterbox (or words to that effect!). Now I know that the easy answer is to change the maximum size rule, accept the email, then delete it. But there must be an easier way to get rid of it from Freeserve's server without it ever getting near my machine. Ideas please?

Outlook is used for Email, Win98SE and IE6. Thanks

toothwright 13:40 04 Jun 2003

Does Freeserve offer "Webmail" facilities where you can delete the offending message without having to download it?

beeuuem 13:44 04 Jun 2003

Go to click here
log onto your account at the bottom of the page and delete the errant mail from your inbox.

-pops- 14:08 04 Jun 2003

How about downloading Mailwasher and then bouncing the offending/offensive email back to the sender? Give them their problem back.

No need to keep mailwasher if you don't want to, it doesn't cost.

Brian

PA28 17:33 04 Jun 2003

Thanks guys. The link effectively gave me the key to the post office, where I was able to go and destroy the parcel. Nice one.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?