Laptop's wireless connection repeatedly goes down

SparkyMarky 11:55 10 Jan 2006

Hi there

Hope someone can help with a new and very irritating problem: my Dell Latitude X1 laptop has developed an intermittent wireless problem. Every ten minutes or so, it drops the wireless connection to my router, and the only way to get it back up is to right click on the wireless network's System Tray icon, choose 'repair' and let it do its stuff. The only thing I can think of that might have caused it is that I've just come back from holiday and, because I took the laptop away with me, I turned off the wireless connection whilst I was away.

Does anyone have any ideas of what's gone wrong and how I can fix it properly??

Thanks in advance!

Mark
xx

mgmcc 14:23 10 Jan 2006

Try giving the Wireless Network Adapter a fixed IP address in the same range as the router currently allocates.

SparkyMarky 01:12 11 Jan 2006

Cheers for that suggestion, mgmcc - I'll give it a go!

Ta!

Mxx

SparkyMarky 01:56 12 Jan 2006

Well, tried it but it made no difference: the connection still goes down after about ten minutes and needs two goes at the 'repair' routine to fix it each time. Very peculiar. Wonder if I need to delete the wireless connection complete from network connections.... will it automatically reinstall it if I do?? I don't want to make it worse.... :(((

Mxx

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?