my two grandaughters have the same laptops Dell Latitude 610.,both are running really slow,both full of rubbish.Is there any quick way to clean them up,both on xp.I bought them about 18 months ago secondhand,from a reputable supplier but with no O.S.recovery disc.Thankyou for any help.
Dell Recovery Instructions
1. Reboot, and press Ctrl + F11 at the Dell logo.
2. The Dell™ PC Restore by Symantec screen will come up.
3. Select "Restore" or use the Tab key to highlight it and press Enter.
4. if you wish to continue, click "Confirm", or use the Tab key to highlight it and press Enter.
5. When the utility is finished, click "Finish", or use the Tab key to highlight it and press Enter.
You could also download and run "Defraggler" another FREE program to sort out any defragmented files - also from with "CCleaner" you can choose "Tools" from left hand side and disable any software you do not want to start at "startup"
You should see a difference in speed and the rubbish will be cleaned out !
I don't know how old your granddaughters are, but I have noticed that many young people cannot be bothered to run up-to-date security Software on their PCs. Others go over the top and have 2 AntiVirus Programs loaded which is a recipe for disaster.
I also recommend CCleaner, followed by Defraggler ads a good & safe way of clearing out many of the potential "Slowers Down".