Laptop wont shut down

cooki8c 17:53 21 Jan 2008

windows XP I have been downloading "Windows Upgrade" and it has d/loaded upgrades but when it installs it is taking forever and I mean forever there was 11 upgrades and when it gets to 7 it will not install and it looks like it is freezing and evry so often a warning comes up " down load is nearly finished do you want to shut down now or wait till later " and when ever I press either button the messsage disappears and nothing else happens. I cant even shut down from the shut down button any help please cookie

mymate 18:29 21 Jan 2008

click here you need to install this. Have a look to see what updates are not installing or have tried to install and uninstall them from Windows clean up utility. Then try installing them again,if possible a few at a time.

birdface 19:12 21 Jan 2008

Do you mean Microsoft up-dates.Or are you upgrading XP Home to XP Pro.Or XP Pro to Vista.

birdface 19:16 21 Jan 2008

Can you press Ctrl Alt and delete at the same time and maybe shut down from TaskMaster.If you can go to shut down at the top and press Turn off.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?