Laptop won't connect to wireless at home

Sarahdipity 15:07 30 Oct 2012

Hello. I have a problem with my Acer Aspire laptop. On Sunday I took it to PC World to ask their guys if they knew why my laptop would not install itunes. I've had an issue with Itunes for about a year.

Roughly 12 months ago I started to get a message about a sync issue with my library everytime I started my laptop (this happened after an Itunes update). There didn't seem to be an issue with itunes as it played songs, etc. Then this summer there was an itunes update. I could download the update but it wouldn't install the update. After many weeks of trying I decided to uninstall the whole of itunes and reinstall it (thinking this would resolve the problem). I managed to download itunes but it wouldn't install. This is when I finally took laptop to pcworld.

They tech guys couldn't fix this problem. They say I could try taking it back to a restore point but the only restore point on my laptop was for that day. The advice I was given was to backup the laptop and then restore it to factory settings and then download all the programmes back onto the laptop.

So on Sunday afternoon I backed up my laptop. I then restored it back to factory settings. Since then it won't connect to the wirless router at home. It recognises it and I put in the wireless key and the pin when asked but it just won't connect at all. I really need to get back onto the internet as I have a number of jobs to apply for this week.

Any ideas on what I can do to get my laptop to connect to the wireless router at home?

Many thanks.

Sarahdipity 15:33 30 Oct 2012

Have tried entering these on separate occasion as the computer has asked for them. Have also tried connecting by ethernet cable and it wouldn't connect to the modem this way either.

northumbria61 15:36 30 Oct 2012

Also check to see if WLAN Auto Config is running in SERVICES - if not Re-Start.

northumbria61 15:41 30 Oct 2012

Have you also checked in Device Manager - any yellow exclamation marks beside your Network Adapter?

woodchip 15:59 30 Oct 2012

When you removed Itunes did you do a search for any leftovers and did you clear Regedit of Itunes? before reinstalling

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017