Laptop Woes

wingfield 23:39 02 Mar 2007

My HP laptop went bust recently so I sent it back to HP and they fitted a new motherboard and battery. Now I've got it back I've found the keyboard is doing strange things. Some letters and numbers don't work. Others don't do what they are meant to e.g u does a backspace. p gives me a '-' and so on. Do I have to reinstall a keyboard driver or is it something to do with Windows? Before I sent it I had the hard drive taken out as I thought the machine was totally dead. I sent it with the pc when it went for repair but they returend the machine without installing the hard drive.(Don't ask me why they didn't fit it - it's beyond me!!) I had to get a local PC repair shop to fit it for me. Is this something to do with this problem?

Jake_027 00:11 03 Mar 2007

Look for num lock, the P has a - on my acer, you have to press Fn and F11 on mine to turn it off, but look for aa key with num lock on.

Jake

Jake_027 00:14 03 Mar 2007

Check in control panel under Regional and language options>Languages Tab>Details Button>Default Input Language is set to English (United Kingdom)-United Kingdom.

Jake

wingfield 09:51 03 Mar 2007

Cheers Jake it was the number lock.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?