Laptop and wirless network

Emile 14:19 20 Nov 2007

I am trying to connect a laptop with wireless network card to a wirless network. On the taskbar, the network icon is mark with a red X. I add a profile with the securit code on my modem router (WPA). Click connect, but no luck. Using a network cable (RJ45), it works first time. PLEASE HELP.

ambra4 17:59 20 Nov 2007

Laptop Wireless Device Setting

Most laptop computer these days comes with a building wireless card; some required you to switch on the Wireless Radio Antenna via a small slide switch on the laptop

Or using the FN (Function) key you have to hold down the FN key and press the key with a small antenna icon to turn on the wireless card

You can also check that the wireless card is Enable from inside the Network Connection Area

Start-Setting-Double Click-Network Connection you should see two Icons one Local Area Connection and one Wireless Area Connection

If no Wireless Icon then you will have to buy a USB Wireless Adepter

If there is a Wireless Area Connection Icon- Right click Enable or Disable as required

Some times you have to Disable and Enable before the card will connect to the wireless system

If not sure if laptop have a antenna switch check the manual PC layout quick guide

Check out these sites before you set-up the wireless system could save you a lot of time and headache.

click here

click here

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Microsoft Surface Book 2 hands-on review – bigger and 5x faster

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?