Laptop Wireless Adapter

Publisher 16:54 12 Jan 2007

I have wireless broadband with a BT Voyager 2100 for the Desktop PC and a BT 1060 Laptop Adapter.

Everything has been working great up till last night when the laptop adapter refused to connect. (Everything is OK on the Desktop machine).

usually when I insert the adapter the Power light comes on, followed by the 'Data' light flashing as data is transferred.

No the 'Data' light doesn't come on at all.

Is it likely I need a new adapter? Can I check it?

Publisher 17:12 12 Jan 2007

Just as an add, I have connected the LAN cable from the router, and it still won't connect to the internet.

The dial up works OK though.

Is it likely the internal broadband modem (if it has one, I assume it must have) is bust?

FreeCell 17:31 12 Jan 2007

Sounds like you have lost the dsl broadband signal on the phone line if you can't connect by either wire or wireless. Check the settings on the box to see if you have a dsl signal.

Try power box off for a minute then power on to reconnect broadband link. Could have been affected by power loss as there were cuts around the country with yesterdays storms.

Publisher 17:56 12 Jan 2007

No, the signal is fine - it must be as I am using the desktop on the same router.

Publisher 17:57 12 Jan 2007

I have posted this problem on the 'Network' room as well, if that is frowned upon I will delete this one or mark it as resolved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?