laptop will not find router

Zebrapec 12:44 27 Dec 2007

My daughters new HP lap top running Vista will not find the Linksys wireless router. It will find four others, persumably other people next door ect.So I tried to add it manualy by putting in the password, WEP and 10 digit KEY, it accepts that, I then click onto the connect tab, and it sends me back to the window with the 4 original Neighbors, but not mine. Please can you give me any help. The blue light is on for the connection.

dazza39 13:10 27 Dec 2007

You may need to set-up the Network manually if its not doing it automatic, I bought my wife a HP laptop for Christmas to with Vista,its quite easy to do manually,just make sure you have the WEP number,normally under the router itself.

Zebrapec 14:33 27 Dec 2007

Tried for 4 hours and still no joy. Can you explain step by step please. I know it is a pain, and its Christmas, but would be much appreciated. Daughters had the laptop for a couple of days now, and her dad is looking a bit silly!

antony492 14:37 27 Dec 2007

Make sure that the cables are all plugged in (including Ethernet). Also there may be a secrurity setting causing it to be "hidden".

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?