Laptop Wi-Fi -Wanadoo Broadband

tonyq 12:08 04 Apr 2006

Please can anyone advise me on the following,I have a PC connected to Wanadoo Broadband Livebox, via USB wireless adaptor(supplied by Wanadoo).

I will be getting a new laptop in a few days time,my question is,will I be able to connect to the "Livebox" using the laptops wi-fi connection or will I have to buy another USB wireless adaptor from Wanadoo,if I am able to connect using the laptops wi-fi connection, please could you explain in detail how to do this.
Regards tonyq

InXP 13:53 04 Apr 2006

I'm on Wanadoo broadband, but I've got a Belkin wireless modem/router. I recently bought an Acer centrino laptop. All I did was turn on the laptop, enable the WLAN and it picked up all the wireless networks in the vicinity. I then selected my network, connected, entered the WEP security key for my network and away it went!

mgmcc 16:23 04 Apr 2006

You need to go to this page click here relating to the connection of third-party wireless devices to a Wanadoo Livebox.

There are separate instructions depending whether you have:

(a) XP or XP SP1
(b) XP SP2

tonyq 18:02 05 Apr 2006

Thank you both for your advice,If I have problems I will let you know, and ask for more advice if thats O.K.Thanks again.
Regards tonyq

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?