Laptop vs coke

longwhatton34 09:35 02 Sep 2005

Our nearly brand new laptop managed to get coke in it. Any ideas of somewhere in the Leicester area (not a rip-off merchant) we might take it to to get it sorted?

Diemmess 09:44 02 Sep 2005

Do you mean the drinkable or the burnable coke?

Either way, you need help! Locally and miles from Leicester there are a few computer shops which would clean it for you. One in particular I would trust absolutely, the rest ....... I might do better myself.

It must be the same in Leicester, so word of mouth is the bottom line.

If it was Cola (and not British Coal) do get it drained and dry a.s.a.p. :-)

Stuartli 10:22 02 Sep 2005

If you can't get it sorted might be worth a claim on your house contents policy...:-)

Most policies cover computer equipment used in the home these days - I'm with the Pru and such equipment has been listed in the policy for some years now.

But unfortunately you will have to pay for another can of Coke yourself...

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:34 02 Sep 2005

Some reading on spills click here

click here

TonyV 14:57 02 Sep 2005

Try Mays in Churchgate, Leicester.0116 2915555

longwhatton34 21:46 02 Sep 2005

It was the drinkable kind - not the one you burn (or the other one). We dried it straight away but now it doesn't want to switch on, which leads me to think something has probably burnt out.

BT 09:28 03 Sep 2005

If its still under guarantee why not try that. My wife dropped icecream in hers and PC world replaced lots of bits including the keyboard and motherboard!!

longwhatton34 09:45 03 Sep 2005

Trouble is, she's a teacher and it's a work laptop. Plus she's on maternity leave so forgot to register it on the school's insurance as she hasn't been to work for a few months.

TonyV 15:42 04 Sep 2005

I say again, try 0116 2915555. They will certainly not do you down.

bremner 15:50 04 Sep 2005

If you want to see what coke can do stick a very dirty one pence piece in it.

After a short time it comes out clean as new. - Just think what it does to our stomachs!

TonyV 15:52 04 Sep 2005

True, it cleans better than vinegar!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?