Laptop turns off

tullie 13:46 02 Jan 2007

My laptop turns itself of randomly.Sometimes after a few minutes,sometimes hours.
I dont know why,but i took the battery out and since then laptops been ok,any thoughts anyone?I have an Acer 2700 series.

johndrew 13:58 02 Jan 2007

It could have been the power saving settings, but I would have thought they would have been saved even though the battery was removed. Other than that, perhaps a dirty/bad battery connection?

tullie 14:06 02 Jan 2007

connectors seem ok johndrew.
if i turn on as usual,with battery installed,which it has been for 18mths,and work with mains power,these probs occour,however,if i start laptop on mains power without battery,the problems do not occur,its a mystery,if no one else has any thoughts a will close this thread,later today.

tullie 17:40 02 Jan 2007

have put this in too hard basket and closed thread

Gongoozler 17:52 02 Jan 2007

I don't know the answer, but at a guess I suspect that the battery is at the root of the problem. Possibly the battery is getting warm as it is charging, and if there is any heating problem in the laptop then the warm battery is adding to it, and also possibly the battery is faulty and pulling the voltage down causing the malfunction.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone