Laptop Trouble - Need Help

Ade_1 11:55 29 Dec 2005

Hi, For some reason wwhen i have turned on the laptop i dont get anyhting on the screen. I have attached a monitor to it but again nothign comes up. Its as if it isnt booting up. I have tried just in case it went into sleep mode i attempted to take it out but as nothign happened i assume it wasnti n sleep mode. I can hear the fans running etc... Can anyone suggewst anything before i phone up? Or is it just a straight phone up job? thoguht id get the thoguhts of you guys before i do anything.

Laptop: Mesh Venture (i think so, thats what it says on order form)

Ade_1 12:03 29 Dec 2005

I would appriciate any help at all thanks!

woodchip 12:08 29 Dec 2005

Take the battery out and just try on mains the battery may have shorted out internally

realist 12:46 29 Dec 2005

Maybe you could right-click/copy files to desktop or elsewhere and drag and drop from there?

realist 12:47 29 Dec 2005

Oops sorry..... wrong thread!

conrail 12:50 29 Dec 2005

take the battery out and give the terminals a clean, try blowing on them , this happened with daughters laptop and it now works fine

Ade_1 12:56 29 Dec 2005

Woodchip: I tried what you said but it hasnt made any difference also as conrail said I have blown on the terminals but again to no avail. Thanks anyway

woodchip 13:00 29 Dec 2005

the mains adapter main have gone but if it's less than 12 months old take it back

Ade_1 13:10 29 Dec 2005

yes, i tried to phone them but they are closed until 3rd of January.
Do you think that Mesh, if we asked them to, keep all of the data etc on the Hard Drive?
I thought that if a new laptop was in order they mgith just install the hard drive that was in the old one it on the new one? As it has alot of improtant data on.

woodchip 13:19 29 Dec 2005

Doubt them doing that, Suggest that you get a 2.5" caddy that connects to USB fit it in the Caddy set it to Master then, then plug into the comp you are using to get files of first. click here

click here

Ade_1 13:19 29 Dec 2005

Thanks il ltake a look

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?