Laptop touch pad issues

sean-278262 22:08 14 Jan 2008

Hi everyone,

I have a laptop with an issue regarding its touch pad. It detects it is being tapped as using the synaptics drivers it shows up with the pressure graph as being tapped. I have reinstalled windows freshly on the laptop and this is the only issue that has arisen with it that the touchpad doesnt seem to want to work in detecting clicks. As I say it clearly is detecting them but failing to act on them and behave like windows should.

The laptop in question is a HP Pavillion DV6101eu. I have installed all the drivers from HPs site for windows XP and I have as already stated reinstalled windows and all drivers afresh. Anyone able to shed some wisdom as to what I can do to make the taps make clicking happen?

It seems to me that it has to be a software issue as the touch pad picks up movement and the pressure graph shows taps just it refuses to perform the left click action.

Cheers for any help.

Astec123

skidzy 22:19 14 Jan 2008

Do you have any further mouse software installed ? i have read this can cause conflicts.If you do have any further mouse software installed..remove this.

This may help out for now click here

Sea Urchin 22:22 14 Jan 2008

Hi Astec123

I am not familiar with the HP Pavillion, but on my Acer laptop I go to Control Panel > Mouse Properties > Device Settings > then select Settings button and click on Tapping. This then gives an option to enable or disable tapping. Don't know whether this might give you a clue for your laptop?

sean-278262 22:28 14 Jan 2008

Skidzy - no other software for the track pad is installed bar the synaptics one required to activate the special features of the pad. Before installing the program I also trialled using the mouse with no success.

Sea Urchin - I did fiddle with settings and nothing seems to make a difference.

It sometimes works other times it doesnt seem to want to respond.

ambra4 22:45 14 Jan 2008

Upgrade the Synaptics Touch pad drivers

Go to this site and select your OS

click here

sean-278262 22:54 14 Jan 2008

Ambra4 - As I stated I have updated to the latest drivers for everything the laptop has.

sean-278262 13:42 16 Jan 2008

Does anyone else have any suggestions? I would really like to be able to use the track pad as it clearly works as it detects input according the the synaptics program.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?