Laptop time wrong even after battery changed

Sparkly 12:29 01 Jan 2011

Hi all and a happy new year...
This morning i turned on a friends laptop that i had recently changed the M/Board battery as it was showing wrong time and date, all ok used it for a couple of days and the time was allways correct but this morning after not useing it for a couple of days the time is wrong again but the date is correct the laptop is clean after returning it to factory settings before xmas and has not been on the internet yet...any thoughts on why this is?
Thanks in advance.
Fujitsu Siemans Amilo LI 1705
Vista Home Basic
766 Ram

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:54 01 Jan 2011

How far out is the time?

Sparkly 13:09 01 Jan 2011

Hi Fruit Bat /\0/\ it was about 7.30ish when i switched it on and the time was showing 01.45 01 January 2011 Saterday.
Changed it to correct time and allso checked it was set to GMT Dublin,Edinburgh,Lisbon,London
Thanks.

mooly 13:10 01 Jan 2011

Have you checked the "internet time" settings,
click here

You can just click the clock display in the tray and get to it from there.
Usually set to check online once a week so perhaps you have a wrong time zone set.

birdface 13:31 01 Jan 2011

Not sure if changing the time in the Bios would help or not.

Sparkly 13:55 01 Jan 2011

Hi mooly everything set correctly and just updated the windows internet time, thanks.

Hi buteman allready been in there and set and saved on exit, i suppose only "time" will tell now to see if it remembers everthing if not used for a couple of days,

Strawballs 15:43 01 Jan 2011

I think Buteman is onto it I had a laptop that went back for new motherboard once when it came back the time would not stay right untill I went into bios and corrected the time there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone