Laptop Steelseries Keyboard Backlight Issues

golembomb 02:16 30 Nov 2014
Answered

Hello! I'm not sure if there's a keyboard only section or if this is the right spot to post this but here's what happened. I was on laptop and it was being dreadfully slow and so in a fit of rage I opened the task manager and laid waste to everything I could. In other words I closed a bunch of processes steelseries (my keyboard brand) included. After I did that nothing was bad or anything but once I restarted my computer for an unrelated update, I noticed that my keyboard backlight didn't turn on automatically and so I clicked the backlight button on my computer and the light turned on with the default baby blue or whatever it was. So I went to the bottom right of my computer screen and clicked on the arrow to bring up the desktop menu thing and click on the steelseries profile application for me to change my backlight colour and pattern and see if I can solve the probelm. But to my surprise it wasn't there! I turned my computer off and on a few times and went into the steelseries folder on my computer to see if I could find the profile application but I couldn't find it. So my question is, how do I get back the ability to change the colours of my keyboard backlight?

robintheumpteenth 02:51 30 Nov 2014
Answer

System Restore to before the changes

Press Windows Key + R and type rstrui.exe

golembomb 03:25 30 Nov 2014

Thanks a bunch!!!!! Glad I had made a system restore point just earlier today for no particular reason! Thanks again!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?