Laptop Start Up

Molly_Don 14:05 01 Jan 2009

This is a xmas present I'm trying to sort out

I have a vista laptop, everytime I start the machine up I have to press the "FN+F10" key together to get connected to the internet

Is there anything I can do to resolve it

Sea Urchin 14:18 01 Jan 2009

Fn+F10 will enable it, but you need to set up the connection - hopefully this might help

click here

Molly_Don 14:34 01 Jan 2009

Hello Sea

Thx, but I followed the instructions on that link, but at the "Connect" stage it's showing connected, I don't see an option to "set this connection automatically"

Sea Urchin 14:39 01 Jan 2009

Then it sounds as though you are connecting automatically - so all should be fine

Sea Urchin 14:45 01 Jan 2009

Presumably it was showing as connected to your network. You could also check that Wireless Zero Configuration is running. Hold your Windows key +R and in the Run box type services.msc - click OK. Scroll down to Wireless Zero Configuration and make sure it shows Started

Molly_Don 15:01 01 Jan 2009

Sea Urchin

OK, I don't see anything listed as Wireless Zero Configeration, this is what is listed in standard & extended
[URL=click here][IMG]click here[/IMG][/URL]

Sea Urchin 15:08 01 Jan 2009

Sorry about that - I don't have a Vista machine here at present - I assumed the services would be similar to XP. Hopefully someone with wireless on Vista can advise further.

Molly_Don 15:17 01 Jan 2009

OK thx for the help so far.

pompyx 15:21 01 Jan 2009

Molly_Don
The Vista equivalent is WLAN Auto config which is shown as started. What Laptop is it as I have had a similar problem with an Toshiba.

Molly_Don 15:32 01 Jan 2009

Hi pomp

It's an E-System 1212

Sea Urchin 16:33 01 Jan 2009

Just a thought - when you boot up your laptop how long do you wait to see if it will connect to the Internet? Somebody asked me yesterday why their laptop (Vista) wasn't auto-connecting, and in fact it was - they just were not waiting the 30 seconds it took to link up.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone