Laptop speakers, which ones?

Joe R 19:42 12 Oct 2008

My teenage daughter has an HP laptop with onboard sound and speakers, and now listens to all of her music on said machine.

I am sure many of you will know what laptops sound like when hip-hop, trance and club music, are played at the high end of the volume scale.

Has anyone got any experience of how dedicated laptop speakers sound? Budget is around the £30-£40 mark, and I only require that they will allow her to turn her volume down, and stop the horrible tinny sound assaulting the eardrums. :)

Any pointers would be most gratefully received.
Regards Joe.

Technotiger 19:55 12 Oct 2008

Plenty to choose from here ... click here any of which will be an improvement!

I am Spartacus 20:03 12 Oct 2008

If they don't have to be particulalry small and you want excellent sound then I recommend the Logitech X-230 click here

Joe R 20:11 12 Oct 2008

Technotiger,

thank you, but I am really looking for someone, who has a set, and is happy with the sound output.

peter99co 20:14 12 Oct 2008

I have J and S from click here bought from Maplin. Sound Walker USB mobile theatre-j1301.

They seem fine and if you have any kind of Equalizer control for your sound card then you can add a little base to the output.

Joe R 20:15 12 Oct 2008

I am Spartacus,

I have a set of these myself, and agree with the sound quality being good, but it's something a little bit less loud I am looking for.

peter99co 20:17 12 Oct 2008

Sorry about the link it's not much use it's chinese. The www. was on the box and I had not used it.

I am Spartacus 20:18 12 Oct 2008

Wireless headphones?

peter99co 20:20 12 Oct 2008

Maplin also sell a USB sound set-up for Headphones which are great and have a software disc which gives full surround sound to normal headphones.

Joe R 20:23 12 Oct 2008

I am Spartacus,

she will not wear headphones. I believe it has something to do with "wasting her hair"

I am Spartacus 20:30 12 Oct 2008

Well at least you won't have to fork out for an iPod:o)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?