Laptop Spares - Quanta KN1/Gericom/Advent 7098

Gaz W 01:11 28 Jun 2007

Hi,

I've been trying to fix a Gericom 1st Supersonic PCI E laptop. One of the problems was a dry joint on the connector for the charger. On soldering this, it worked, but "snapped" again, so I soldered it again, but now it seems to be short circuited and I can't sort it out!

Anyway, I've come to the conclusion that a new motherboard for the laptop is needed.

The laptop is really a Quanta KN1, and has been sold as the "Gericom 1st Supersonic PCI E" and the Advent 7098 (Dixons Group).

Firstly I was just wondering whether anyone could advise of any tests I could try out on the board first of all, and if anyone does have this laptop/part and would be willing to sell it could you let me know, as it's fairly urgent!

Any help much appreciated!

Regards,

Gary

johnnyrocker 10:40 28 Jun 2007

click here=

johnny.

Gaz W 18:17 28 Jun 2007

Cheers, but I've already tried the Google search - most results are in German unfortunately and I can't get in touch with anyone apart from Gericom via email (no reply yet).

I've been quoted £130 plus £20 postage there, £20 back, by a company who will repair the PCB in the laptop - I'd have to fully assemble it as they bolt a new type of connector onto the case.

Does anyone know of a company that would do this repair, but much cheaper and using a standard part?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017