Laptop Spares - Quanta KN1/Gericom/Advent 7098

Gaz W 01:11 28 Jun 2007

Hi,

I've been trying to fix a Gericom 1st Supersonic PCI E laptop. One of the problems was a dry joint on the connector for the charger. On soldering this, it worked, but "snapped" again, so I soldered it again, but now it seems to be short circuited and I can't sort it out!

Anyway, I've come to the conclusion that a new motherboard for the laptop is needed.

The laptop is really a Quanta KN1, and has been sold as the "Gericom 1st Supersonic PCI E" and the Advent 7098 (Dixons Group).

Firstly I was just wondering whether anyone could advise of any tests I could try out on the board first of all, and if anyone does have this laptop/part and would be willing to sell it could you let me know, as it's fairly urgent!

Any help much appreciated!

Regards,

Gary

johnnyrocker 10:40 28 Jun 2007

click here=

johnny.

Gaz W 18:17 28 Jun 2007

Cheers, but I've already tried the Google search - most results are in German unfortunately and I can't get in touch with anyone apart from Gericom via email (no reply yet).

I've been quoted £130 plus £20 postage there, £20 back, by a company who will repair the PCB in the laptop - I'd have to fully assemble it as they bolt a new type of connector onto the case.

Does anyone know of a company that would do this repair, but much cheaper and using a standard part?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?