Laptop Soundcard

pittza 20:22 12 Dec 2006

I use a midi sequencer program and a creative soundblaster soundcard to write my own songs on my PC
My children have now taken over the PC each night for homework so I have treated myself to a high spec laptop, ( dont have the space for another PC) a HP Pavilion DV6116eu thinking that the soundcard (a Conexant high definition audio) would be even better, but it seems I was wrong.
The sounds in the sequencer are very synthesised nothing like the quality of the soundblaster card, so my question is can I replace the card in the laptop for a soundblaster or something simular or is there another laptop that comes with an appropiate card, (I have another 7 days to take the HP laptop back) .

Thanks Pittza.

Giggle n' Bits 20:32 12 Dec 2006

External Sound Card but they are expensive. Personally for Audio reasons then consider one of these cube systems maybe quarter of the size of a tower.

External Sound Card but they are expensive. Personally for Audio reasons then consider one of these cube systems maybe quarter of the size of a tower.

Giggle n' Bits 20:33 12 Dec 2006

whoop,s LAN issue hang again.

You will find that Creative's Soundblaster range of sound cards are generally regarded as the best on the market and it comes as no surprise to me that you are dissapointed with the comparison of your Conexant high definition audio.

You can buy this click here for your laptop but make sure it has a free PCMCIA slot

pittza 15:48 16 Dec 2006

Hi [email protected] I have no pcmcia slot, do you know where i can get a pcmcia to usb adapter?

wee eddie 16:04 16 Dec 2006

I seem to remember seeing an External USB Sound Card being given a good write-up somewhere.

A PCMCIA to USB adapter wouldn't be what you want (I don't think they exist). You should have a look at Creative's external range of sound cards that connect via USB such as this click here

pittza 21:10 18 Dec 2006

Thanks [email protected] think thats what i will do, cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone