LAPTOP SIEZES UP ACCESING VIDEO FROM EXT HARD DRIV

BIGKREM 15:24 03 Feb 2005

HI FOLKS,
JUST YESTERDAY I RECIEVED A NEW FUJITSO SIEMENS D1845 LAPTOP, IT WAS FAILLING TO RECOGNISE MY TWO EXTERNAL HARD DRIVES, AFTER STARTING IN SAFE MODE IT SEE'S THEM NOW BUT WHEN IO PLAY MOVIES FROM THE HARD DRIVES THE COMPUTER FREEZES COMPLETLY AFTER 30 SECONDS, THE WARRANTY HELPLINE TOLD ME TO PHONE THIER 60P PER MINUTE SOFTWARE HELPINE WHICH IS NOT ANSWERING. HOW CAN IT BE A SOFTWARE PROB IF ALL THE SOFTWARE IS PRE-INSTALLED, ITS RUNNING INTERVIDEO DVD 5 WHICH I HAVE NEVER HAD PROBLEMS WITH BEFORE, THESE HARD DRIVES PLAY GREAT IN ANY MACHINE THEY HAVE BEEN CONNECTED TO, PLEASE HELP !! KREM

VideoSentry 15:43 03 Feb 2005

Are you connecting Via USB or Firewire ? Also are the HDD's powered from the USB or independently?

BIGKREM 15:52 03 Feb 2005

HIYA,
YUP, ITS USB ON BOTH, 80GB HAS TWO USB PLUGS AND THE 200GB UNIT IS JUST ONE USB WITH EXTERNAL POWER SUPPLY
KREM

SANTOS7 16:13 03 Feb 2005

Hey Bigkrem just an aside you do not need to use uppercase as it would appear as if you were shouting, and is difficult to read , lowercase is just fine, hope you get your prob sorted......

Chezdez 16:22 03 Feb 2005

yeah, no caps please

VideoSentry 17:31 05 Feb 2005

Are you using the software on the HDD's or the Laptops?if so, it may be that there is a conflict between them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?