Laptop shutting down. Fan and heatsink cleaned.

leocst 05:16 25 Feb 2014

hp g6z 2200 CTO My laptop has been shutting off with no warning. I know most of the time this is happens because it's overheating. So I took it apart cleaned the Fan and heatsink with an airduster and reapplied new Thermal compound AC5. Fanspeed says that my temps are running no higher than 54c it stays at around 28-35c. I rolled back the BIOS and still happens. I have tested the battery and it's fine and calibrated it. I'm stumped. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD HELP ME.

here's the battery test Description Value Power State Discharging Current Capacity (in %) 20.7% Current Capacity Value 6,221 mWh Full Charged Capacity 30,067 mWh Designed Capacity 30,067 mWh Battery Wear Level 100.0% Voltage 10,557 millivolts Charge/Discharge Rate -9,353 milliwatts Chemistry Lithium Ion Low Battery Capacity (1) 2,743 mWh Low Battery Capacity (2) 4,255 mWh Critical Bias Number of charge/discharge cycles 0 Battery Temperature Remaining battery time for the current activity (Estimated) Full battery time for the current activity (Estimated) Remaining time for charging the battery (Estimated) Total time for charging the battery (Estimated)

onthelimit1 08:49 25 Feb 2014

What happens if you run it on mains power with the battery out?

Bris 15:37 25 Feb 2014

No need to panic as a laptop will run with the battery removed as onthelimit1 suggested.

If it runs OK without the battery then the battery is in terminal decline born out by the 100% wear level and the fact that your laptop shuts down.

Most batteries will last for around 18 months to 2 years but this will vary depending on usage as they have a limited number of charge/discharge cycles and capacity will drop during their lifetime.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?