laptop shuts down itself in 10 secs

mihir64 07:16 29 Jul 2017
Answered

Ok so I have hp laptop out of warranty which turns of itself after 10-15 seconds..i checked it,the fan is working properly and hdd is also fine..whatever I do,it just shuts down in 1-10 secs...i gave it to two repair centers,and they said that they need to replace the mother board as they didn't got to the exact problem..but getting new motherboard is costly,so need to figure out the problem myself and try to fix...can anyone help me??i garden attach the photos if someone wants...

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 09:37 29 Jul 2017

Switching off that fast is usually heat - fan may be working, but may well be worth dusting out the fan and heatsink and replacing the thermal paste between heatsink and cpu - watch out for a layer of fluff between heatsink and fan.

make and model as there are videos on youtube showing how to strip and clean most laptops.

mihir64 10:07 30 Jul 2017

Already cleared the dust myself...and the laptor repair person applied the thermal paste..but that doesnt seems to works...what to do now??by the way,thanks for your reply..!

wee eddie 15:50 30 Jul 2017

This is SPAM of the most dangerous kind ~ FE told

mihir64 15:53 30 Jul 2017

What can i do guys??heat sink seems to be corroded...some part is copper and most of it has become black...can i do something about it...can i apply thermal paste on that??

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:59 30 Jul 2017

make and model?

if heatsink is corroded and faulty then that could be why its overheating and shutting down. can you post a picture?

mihir64 16:25 30 Jul 2017

I m giving the link for heat sink image..it looks decent from front but from backwards,it is worst...i m attaching front look

Link:- click here

href

mihir64 16:50 31 Jul 2017

Please reply guys

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:24 02 Aug 2017

The heat sink looks fine to me.

mihir64 15:11 07 Aug 2017

Any advice guys??i forgot to mention that when i start my lapyop after an hour or so,it starts for 10-15 secs..then shuts down...then again starting it the duration decreases to 5-10 secs and then again decreases on starting it..but if again i start after an hour it starts for 10-15 secs...that definetely appears to be an heating issue..right??what can i do??

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:23 07 Aug 2017

make and model?

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?