Laptop seems to freeze up cannot use any keys

ponytail 10:12 09 Feb 2015
Answered

Twice today the laptop has frozen up and cannot do anything no keys work and cursor does not work either so have to turn laptop off using power button.When I turn it back on get this message. Open with safe Mode Open with safe mode with networking Open with safe mode with command prompt

Start windows normally Can anyone explain what the problem might be.

Daisy_Michael 11:17 09 Feb 2015
Answer

Whenever you turn it off forcefully, you'd get such options by Windows - Proceed with "Start Windows Normally".

Freezing can be due to an excessive load, just make sure you don't an loads of cache files, try making some space using CCLEANER for clearing your cache files.

Let me know if it helps.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:38 09 Feb 2015

FReeezing PC

1. Overheat due to faulty / blocked fans

2. PSU voltages (unlikely as its a laptop)

3. Household power surges fridge etc switching on/off (only if it freezes on mains only)

4. faulty memory stick try memtest click here virus or spyware scan for both especially if shutting down with in a few minutes of switch on or internet use

5. driver conflicts especially graphics cards get the latest drivers for your equipment

lotvic 18:28 09 Feb 2015

"Twice today the laptop has frozen up and cannot do anything no keys work and cursor does not work either so have to turn laptop off using power button"

you Impetuous Youth you... (LOL) How long did you wait before forcing a switchoff?

It's wonder you haven't corrupted it by now, if laptop was busy doing stuff

(no I'm not being too cheeky (if I am ponytail will tell me off ;0), I think I'm sortof familiar with ponytail and his goings on with pcs)

compumac 19:29 09 Feb 2015

lotvic

Thought the same.

lotvic 13:19 13 Feb 2015

ToughGuy12, I see you are spamming the web (under various handles) with your suggestion to use those 3 'pay for support sites'. FE Informed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?