laptop screen gone blank

scarylee 14:15 03 Feb 2008

Help, I've bought a new laptop, maybe Im being thick but I wasnt using it for a while and the screen has gone off but the laptop is still on, if I press any key or move the mouse the screen is not coming back up. The laptop is a Fujitu Amilo pi 2515. This happened earlier and I touched the on/off button. Dont want to keep doing this though as it can cause problems. What do I press to get this back up again?

Taff™ 14:30 03 Feb 2008

Press the power button briefly, then look at the power settings. Which Operating System are you using?

peter99co 14:33 03 Feb 2008

Your laptop has gone to sleep and a single press of start is ok but don't hold it down.When you get back on go to power options and set-up for batterie and mains options My laptop used to go off after five mins and was a bit alarming at first.

peter99co 14:39 03 Feb 2008

If you close the lid while on the machine will sleep until u open the lid and press enter. You should find you are back at password screen with x programmes running. This is to allow you to pop off and get a cuppa without closing down completely

scarylee 14:49 03 Feb 2008

Hi,

I've tried all of this, pressed any key, pressed the power button briefly, shut the lid and reopened, pressed enter, still no luck. Its still blank. If I press a letter on the keyboard it makes a sound so I know its switched on. Any other ideas please? Or is it going to be a trip back to comet??

peter99co 15:13 03 Feb 2008

If you press and hold your machine will shut down safe. my laptop manual gives this as a valid option. what does your manual say. we tend not to read about this sort of thing (boring)

peter99co 21:20 03 Feb 2008

Any Progress?

scarylee 20:23 04 Feb 2008

sorry for delay peter99cp, my internet connection went down for 24 hours! There seems to be a problem with the overall internet. Its one thing after! Anyway, I put the laptop to sleep this evening and pressed the power button until it really clicked and this seem to work okay. Thanks for all your help

David4637 20:47 04 Feb 2008

It could be you switched the monitor display to an external monitor by pressing the function key and one other - just a thought?
Try plugging another monitor to one of the ports to see whether it is the lappy monitor thats gone? David

peter99co 21:33 04 Feb 2008

Did you reset your power options as suggested it is quite easy.

Taff™ 06:14 05 Feb 2008

I1ll assume Vista. Right click the desktop and select personalise then select screensaver. On the next dialog box at the bottom click on the link for Power Options. Next dialog box look in the left hand column for "Change when the computer sleeps"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?