laptop screen flickering

Rocker 22:22 11 Jan 2008

hi my laptop screen as started flickering and is so bright i can windows on the screen it started when i turned it on tonight. its a sony vaio laptop about 2/3 years old any idea why this a started to do this. meny thanks.

Technotiger 22:39 11 Jan 2008

Hi, I saw this on another Forum - with a bit of luck it might work for you too ...

"I had the same problem and solved it as follows. Since there is an intelock that turns the monitor off when the laptop lid is down, or almost down, I guessed that perhaps that interlock, which must be somewhere in the lid's hinge, may be dirty. All I did was rapidly move the monitor back and forth. I moved it about 10-12", quickly, maybe 25 times. To my surprise, that did the trick! That was a month ago and the flicker hasn't returned."

kristain 08:17 17 Aug 2011

Hi,

Due to the problems in the inverter or due to the troubles in the cable connection usually screen flickering happens in the display of Laptop. As the inverters are responsible to supply power to the back-lit of the screen, any problem in the inverter would create troubles. By replacing your inverter and by checking the connections of the cable in your laptop, this problem could be easily resolved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?