laptop RAM

shauny13 16:54 03 Oct 2008

Hi, new here. A couple of years ago we purchased an EI machines 3087 from PC World for our daughter at college. It only had 256mb of ram, which i wish to upgrade to 1Gb. I have purchased the correct memory following an online scan and am told the motherboard can support 2gb. The problem i have is that i cannot see where the exsisting ram is situated. I have had all 3 panels off the back and it is nowhere in sight. I was told it may be under the keyboard, but i can't see how to get in there. Any ideas?

chub_tor 17:21 03 Oct 2008

There seems to be a distinct lack of information about E Systems machines, they are sold only by the Dixons/Currys/PC World group. I cannot find a website that works for e-systems home page. Is it possible to take your laptop into PC World and ask them where the memory is located?

bobbybowls 19:42 03 Oct 2008

are there any caps, spacers etc on the keyboard? the screws might be hidden under them. what is under the 3 panels? the memory might be hidden under another component.

shauny13 07:01 04 Oct 2008

No, it's not hidden under another component. Think i will go back to pc world. Many thanks for advice.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone