laptop RAM

shauny13 16:54 03 Oct 2008

Hi, new here. A couple of years ago we purchased an EI machines 3087 from PC World for our daughter at college. It only had 256mb of ram, which i wish to upgrade to 1Gb. I have purchased the correct memory following an online scan and am told the motherboard can support 2gb. The problem i have is that i cannot see where the exsisting ram is situated. I have had all 3 panels off the back and it is nowhere in sight. I was told it may be under the keyboard, but i can't see how to get in there. Any ideas?

chub_tor 17:21 03 Oct 2008

There seems to be a distinct lack of information about E Systems machines, they are sold only by the Dixons/Currys/PC World group. I cannot find a website that works for e-systems home page. Is it possible to take your laptop into PC World and ask them where the memory is located?

bobbybowls 19:42 03 Oct 2008

are there any caps, spacers etc on the keyboard? the screws might be hidden under them. what is under the 3 panels? the memory might be hidden under another component.

shauny13 07:01 04 Oct 2008

No, it's not hidden under another component. Think i will go back to pc world. Many thanks for advice.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Nokia 8 vs Galaxy S8

Best new design books 2017: From vintage infographics to the the psychology of type

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Nokia 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie